Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nostalgic Artist of the Week... The Deele!

O.K....so, that last post by Dr. Z has completely consumed me these last few days. Meaning, I've probably spent more than 5 hours, or so, on Youtube...treasure hunting for those old-school R&B gems that have faded from memory....and I have to say...it has been the happiest 5 hours for me in recent memory. This said, as I've rediscovered artists, the Artist of the Week was begging for a new designee.

Now, they wouldn't normally qualify...as I am loathe to give this esteemed title to a "one hit wonder", but, here, an exception is required. You see, if you go back and look at the list I compiled(and Dr. Z's) of the "Slow Jams 85-95", it is a fairly decent list....and while I still give "Shake You Down" the title, this classic deserves and commands note and recognition. Every single school dance played this song for years, and kids everywhere pathetically slow-danced the night away. One is hard pressed to find another single song that dominated that arena the way that this song did for a time...Ladies and gentlemen...and especially...the ladies....I give you The Deele.




No comments: