Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson, R.I.P.












I don't have much to say about MJ's passing that wouldn't or couldn't be said by many who are my age or close to it. In short, he was an incredible entertainer who didn't just transcend pop culture for a time...he was pop culture. He was my generation's Elvis. Yet...Elvis never ran around with a monkey...and didn't have a penchant for molesting sickly children.
I am still in awe of MJ's talent...go listen to "Who's Lovin You" to see how amazing he was at an early age...and will dance to his music until my soul escapes this world. Still, we can't lose sight of the person he became. In many ways...he personified the character of life on this planet....he delivered so much good...and exhibited so much evil.
So...rest in peace "King of Pop", if you can, and I'll moonwalk for the both of us.
Top 5 Michael Jackson songs:
1. Billie Jean
2. Who's Lovin' You ( technically Jackson 5...but he carries it).
3. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
4. Rock With You
5. P.Y.T.
Honorable mention: Lady In My Life, The Way You Make Me Feel, Man In The Mirror, Workin Day and Night.










1 comment:

spydrz said...

Now we don't know for sure that Elvis didn't have a monkey somewheres...