Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Paint me incredulous...









Tim Robbins is as famous for his outspoken political views...as he is for his body of celluloid work. Let me say definitively...there aren't many around in film today that I respect, admire, and look forward to seeing in a movie more than Mr. Robbins...and there aren't many around that I respect, admire, and look forward to hearing from less than Mr. Robbins, when it comes to politics...social or international. In the very appropriate words of one Bugs Bunny..."what a maroon!". This said, he recently gave a speech before the National Association of Broadcasters... and I have to say....kudos Mr. Robbins. Now, my guess is that his idea of "a perfect union" is much different than mine. Still, the general sentiment of his words should soak in, as it were. I just hope they were listening.

6 comments:

spydrz said...

I always said that his character in High Fidelity is probably closest to him in real life.

Anonymous said...

"Now get your patchouli stink outta my store!"

Anonymous said...

Team America has ruined all things Tim Robbins for me...Their portrayal of him absolutely cracked me up and now that's all I can think about everytime I watch one of his movies...except for Bull Durham, then all I think about is how annoying susan sarandon is...

spydrz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spydrz said...

Rob, top five musical crimes perpetrated by Stevie Wonder in the '80s and '90s. Go. Sub-question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?

Yes, I went there.

Micah said...

Another great small role from Mr. Robbins:

"Public television: no commercials, no mercy!"