Friday, April 18, 2008

Questions I'm asking...












1. Obama v. McGovern - It looks as though, barring some incredible turn of events, Barack Obama will win the Democratic Nomination. Anyone who reads political literature that’s even remotely objective now knows that he is, by his record as a legislator, one of the most liberal elected officials in our federal government, and that, because of this as well as the manner in which he has captured his party, he has drawn comparisons to George McGovern whom we know was perhaps most instrumental in the Democrats leftward sprint in the late 60’s and 70’s. I’ve had a number of conversations with fellow onlookers many of whom are confident that Obama’s fate in the general election will resemble McGovern’s in that he is just too far left for moderate America to accept….My question…Do you gentlemen agree with this?...Or do you believe that it’s only taken the general electorate this long to move just left of center enough to accept an Obama/McGovern type?

2. YFZ Ranch – Ever since the state of Texas raided that ranch I’ve had an uneasy feeling about the whole thing. First, I know there were allegations of abuse and sexual misconduct with minors made, and if they are true, which at least some surely are due solely to their marital practices, then the perpetrators should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, something just doesn’t sit right with me in how this whole thing has been executed. As I watched the footage of the raid, I couldn’t help but picture a not-too-distant future in which secular society imposes upon any religion that is outside or challenges the norm. Rest assured, I’m not equating my practicing my Christian faith with one of these alleged instances where teenage girls were forced to marry middle-age men, but I’ve watched the law enforcement proceed as ineptly and questionably as possible with few actually questioning them because the ones in subject are “weird”. It’s almost as if one can see secular society positioning itself to come under the type of leadership that would bring persecution to any who refuse to adhere to, say, a certain economic identification system, especially if for religious reasons. Any thoughts on this?...To those who may read and think I’m a doomsday-ist, I would ask…Do you think it more likely that this world will, over-time, view those who would separate themselves from it less and less favorably?...Do you think that, over-time, your faith will require you do so with increasing regularity and intensity?...For me and my understanding of Scripture, my answers are…yes…and yes.

3. Jimmy Carter – Is Jimmy Carter the dumbest man to have ever served as President or does he really harbor some sort of evil intent within him?...I really don’t know anymore.


3 comments:

spydrz said...

The difference with the Obamessiah and McGovern is...McGovern loved his country. We know Obee does not.

As to the leftward sprint of politics, it's been going on for a long time. It's what happens when we're taught that the Constitution is a "living, breathing" document.

I recommend the HBO series on John Adams. All schoolkids should be shown it.

spydrz said...

This is a good (if scary) read:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MjAwZmQ1NGY4ZjNlM2M4NDhmYjkwZDBmZTg3MTZhMDk=

Anonymous said...

McCain wins the election unless the economy collapses and Iraq erupts into a shitstorm of monumental proportions (i.e. planeloads of coffins coming home each day.)

mark it down.