Thursday, May 22, 2008

In my life....today...





Well...it's been a few weeks since I committed words to pixel here, so I figured I would give a few brief musings. Though...brief is the key word. Work is kicking my arse this week...and tomorrow is a full day:

1. Radiohead. What a freakin concert. The playlist was heavy on Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief...which is o.k....but, I was really hoping for more of The Bendz and O.K. Computer...but still...definitely top 3 best shows I've ever seen. Truly, as complicated as the music is...it is amazing...that they can reproduce it live with such quality. Simply...musical greatness.

2. Female Drama. Now...I'm not going into detail. Let's just say there is plenty of it in my life right now...and it is ridiculous. All you fellas out there...I know..you know...what I'm talking about.

3. Music. What I've been listening to most: Al Green, Whitesnake, Sugarland, Les Miserables, Roberta Flack, The Cure...and lots of Sinatra.


4. A Liberal Challenge. I was thinking the other day...and I challenge any of our Liberal friends to answer this...is there a policy initiative or political idea for fixing problems...that the current Democrats have that doesn't include raising taxes? I ask this sincerely. Meaning...surely they have some part of their agenda that doesn't include taxing U.S. citizens.

5. Movies. I'm extremely stoked about the Indiana Jones movie coming out (I think it is the most underrated trilogy)....and I can't wait to take my nephew...to see his face...the way he watches the screen with anticipation...the way my brothers and I did when we were kids. Also, I saw Wicker Park again the other day. I might have written about it before...but let me say...it is still that good....which is amazing... because the cast is shite. Be warned though...it is dark...with an ounce of redemption.

6. Bring out the brooms. My Hotlanta Braves will sweep the hated Mets tonight...just you wait and see...


7. Reading. I have been consumed...or should I say re-consumed... by the works of Herodotus. For those that know me well, it is common knowledge that I discovered the 'father of history' about 11 years ago, and still love reading his incredible...and mostly unbelievable stories. This said, my good friend Vox Meridies, and his lovely bride, bought me a very nice bound version of The Histories for my birhday. If you are looking for a good story to read...check out books 1, 3, and 5. I can't get enough.

8. Finally...Family Reunion. Well....my family is coming to town this weekend for an inaugural Memorial Day tradition...or, so it seems. Now...I love my family...but some of them are crazy. No...I mean really crazy...like..."is she alright?"...type crazy. Anyway...most of it will be fantastic...but there will be drama...so, my point is this...even though things might not be perfect...take a breath...look around...appreciate the good in your life...thank God...and enjoy it.

2 comments:

spydrz said...

First...Go Braves!
Second...your "obsession" with Wicker Park confounds me. It's just not that good. Diane Kruger, however, is that good.
Third...Crystal Skull rocks!

Micah said...

Hmmmm...baby mama drama?

Is that the new Al Green you're listening to? If so, how is it?