Friday, February 23, 2007

Sweet 16 of Love....Championship Round.






























































The votes have been cast, counted, and recorded. Here is the inaugural Championship match-up in the 2007 Sweet 16 of Love....and a brief explanation of the voting trends:

1. Sophia Loren v. Salma Hayek.

I. Loren won by a landslide....think Reagan in 1984...and there was never any doubt. It isn't easy to see Audrey Hepburn get drubbed...yet, I find solace in that she will be back as a definite contender in future tourneys.

II. Wow. I never imagined that Johansson would cause such fissures in the voting public...but, did she ever. Invariably, in posted comments and others, Johansson was the subject most discussed. Hayek...won by one vote....one vote...and, no kidding....it was the last vote cast. There is no doubt that Johansson has established herself as a future contender for the crown.

III. Loren V. Hayek. This is it. These buxom beauties are exotic, dynamic, and sultry. Each have established careers... and have broken hearts across the globe. Either would be good conversation....or perfect when conversation isn't necessary. Voting begins now, and will end on Tuesday...with the announcement shortly after. Ladies and gentlemen...your 2007 Sweet 16 of Love Champion is....

9 comments:

SBN1 said...

Hayek.

Cincinnatus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sophia Loren vs Salma Hayek

While Ms. Hayek is certainly worthy of her championship placement, I've made no bones about the fact that Ms. Sophia Loren has been my championette all along.

Ms. Loren is defintitely my pick.

spydrz said...

Meh. None of my choices made it to the end. The Delegate from Virginia will abstain.

Cincinnatus said...

While Sophia Loren is a classic beauty, she is no Hepburn! As I said before, Hayek is tainted by the DOGMA blot...a satire that I cannot brook. Therefore, I cannot tolerate Hayek either. However, in protest, I refuse to vote for Loren. I abstain! (note underbreath grumblings beneath a very british mustache) (Here Here!) (Hey! Hey!) (What What!)

testudineous said...

I couldn't be more pleased with the championship matchup---a win-win situation. Somehow, the two best contenders made it through all the competition to face each other for the title. Though one can't go wrong with Ms. Hayek, my vote goes to the timeless Sophia Loren. Mark it, Dude!

Micah said...

Gotta go with Salma (the muy caliente one, not the Frida-lookin' one).

SBN1 said...

so who won? All I'm seeing here are posts on sexy Jesus, ncaa hockey, the GOP, etc.

c'mon, stop putzing about and give the people what they want.

herodotus said...

sb1- take it easy. the results are due shortly. i had an interview this morning...along with a request last week to extend the voting. this said...everything should be resolved this afternoon.