Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sweet 16 of Love....down to 4.













































Again, the votes have been cast, counted, and recorded. As the competition gets stiffer, the margins of victory get closer. Here are the Final Four match-ups...along with a brief explanation:


1. Sophia Loren v. Audrey Hepburn. Both won easily, but Loren definitely won with a bigger lead. Still, both have their followers and should be represented well.

2. Salma Hayek v. Scarlett Johansson. Hayek barely won out over an underestimated...my opinion...Raquel Welch. Johansson destroyed Carrera and should now be considered a front runner for the entire thing. The most surprising element from this last round of voting is found here...with a good majority of females voting for Johansson.

Votes should be in by Thursday...to decide the championship match.

7 comments:

Cincinnatus said...

How does Johannsen continue to win...put down the booz gents and takeoff the goggles.

Hepburn and Hayek...

Anonymous said...

My picks...

1. Loren vs. Hepburn - I knew looking at the intial list of 16 that, at some point, I would have to choose between these two ladies. This matchup, to me, should have been the championship matchup, but alas, it is not, and I am powerless to make it so. So, I must choose between these two. This is tough!...I truly am torn straight down the middle on this one. Both have a wealth of class (as far as I know), grace, and physical beauty...Though it pains me greatly to see either of these go, I will choose:

Sophia Loren over Audrey Hepburn.

2. Hayek vs. Johansson - I don't even have to think about this one. I'm with V.I. Beneshowski, Johansson should not have even made it this far. I'm starting to wonder just how many men in the polling group actually like women:

Salma Hayek over Scarlet Johansson.


Loren vs. Hayek is my final.

Anonymous said...

[sigh] okay, Hayek takes it all.

spydrz said...

1. Loren
2. Johansson

I don't see the issue with Scarlett--how is she not the best?

Micah said...

Loren.
Johansson*.

Yeah, I really don't get all the hate for Scarlett, either. Guess some guys just don't like beauty and femininity. Love her or hate her, you've got to aknowledge that she ranks lightyears ahead of her peers in Young Hollywood.

*Salma does give her some tough competition.

testudineous said...

1. Loren

2. Hayek

The Sweet 16 of Love looked for a while like it was running off course, but everything will have turned out all right if these two Mediterranean lovelies make the finals.

And as for Johansson, there is nothing wrong with her. She's just not in the same league as a Salma Hayek.

Cincinnatus said...

None of you like women...the pictures were a clever strategy to sway voting...down with the machine!