Monday, February 12, 2007

Sweet 16 of Love....down to 8.











































The votes have been cast, counted, and recorded. There were a few surprises, but that is to be expected. Here are the results...a brief explanation...and the next match-ups:

1. Sophia Loren v. Halle Berry. Loren was an almost universal choice, while Berry won by a wide margin, as well. I figured Ryan would get more support.

2. Grace Kelly v. Audrey Hepburn. Both almost universal picks. Though, Jolie did have a couple of votes. Pfeiffer, I assume, was a victim of a tough draw.

3. Raquel Welch v. Salma Hayek. Welch and Hayek barely won. Responses seem to suggest that Hayek has the advantage here because of a general lack of knowledge/appreciation for the past.

4. Scarlett Johansson v. Tia Carrera. Biggest surprise, for me, of all. I figured BB would poll better, as she is widely regarded as being nearly perfect physically, but there are many Johansson fans...amongst this group anyway. Carrera also surprised....in barely winning. Tyra was very close.

There you have it. Elite 8 votes should be in by Thursday.


* remember...not all votes will necessarily be recorded here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are my picks…Criticism free.

Elite Eight votes:

1. Sophia Loren over Halle Berry

2. Audrey Hepburn over Grace Kelly

3. Raquel Welch over Salma Hayek

4. Tia Carrerra over Scarlet Johansson

Micah said...

My picks:

1. Sophia Loren - To my knowledge, she was never involved in a hit and run.
2. Grace Kelly - AH has class, as well, but she's a string bean.
3. Salma Hayek - Both are quite shapely, so it comes down to this: loves me the latinas.
4. Scarlett Johansson - Easiest choice. SJ's the most beautiful working A-list actress out there.

I'm calling it: Scarlett will win it all.

spydrz said...

I'll go with:
Berry
Hepburn
Hayek
Johansson

Although the lack of CZJ and JLH is an unforgivable oversight.

Cincinnatus said...

Dr. Zeius,

Very nice picks. I agree: "Criticism free."

Micah,

I am sorry to say that the British-Belgian Audrey wins over the Irish-American Grace Kelly. I love them both but I cannot go against the late great Mrs. Hepburn...She will win in my book. Hands down...anyone who disagrees is a superrat!

Sophia Loren...ethnic beauty at its finest.
Raquel Welch over Salma Hayek...once again DOGMA...once again LOIN CLOTH!

Tia Carrera over Johansson...are you kidding...I dont really like the looks of Johansson..."I mean she's okay and stuff but COMEON MAN...Her face is not NATURAL MAN" btw...spent several hours with the tripod the other night...pretty much same old tripod...music music music...Spinal Tap

SBN1 said...

I can't be bothered to complete brackets; Raquel takes it all.